Why is it important to carry out a skin analysis prior to microdermabrasion?
It is really important to carry out a thorough consultation and skin analysis before carrying out micro- dermabrasion as existing medical conditions, medications and sensitivity may contra-indicate the treatment.
How do you perform a skin analysis?
Throughout the analytical process, the professional should approach the face methodically, first looking at the overall skin, then focusing on specific areas, making sure to work around the entire face and neck. Touching the skin is also important, to feel for elasticity and texture.
What should be analyzed before giving a facial treatment?
Before any facial, a professional esthetician should perform a skin analysis to familiarize themselves with your particular skin better, assess its condition, and look for any underlying issues. Skin analysis helps them form a diagnosis to provide proper treatment and at-home regimen recommendations.
How do you prepare for a microdermabrasion?
Preparing for Your Dermabrasion or Microdermabrasion
- No pre-medication is needed.
- Stop taking aspirin-based medicines, Retin-A, Renova, Differin or glycolic acid products.
- Stopping smoking a week before microdermabrasion is also recommended to improve blood flow.
- Avoid sunbathing and waxing.
What is the importance of carrying out a skin analysis?
Why is a Skin Analysis so Important? The reason behind bringing people in for Skin Analysis, is so that we can see what’s really going on with their skin. A consultation with us means we can correctly identify what is going on with you skin, what skin type you are and what products are going to be most suitable.
Why is carrying out a detailed skin analysis important?
A detailed skin analysis will allow you to choose the most appropriate treatment and products to improve and maintain the condition of the skin.
What is the first step in a skin analysis?
The skin analysis begins when a client walks through the door with a visual appraisal of their appearance, evaluating their cosmetics, and looking for clues about lifestyle habits that affect their complexion.
What is the first thing you should do when performing a facial?
Step 1: Cleanse. In order to maximize every step, the idea is to start with a clean slate.
What essential equipment do you need for facial?
Must Have Esthetician Tools
- Facial Steamer. Facial steamers are machines that blow a special ozone variety of warm steam onto the client’s skin.
- Magnification Lamp.
- Woods Lamp.
- Microdermabrasion Machine.
- Exfoliating Brush.
- Ultrasonic Skin Scrubber.
Should you exfoliate before microdermabrasion?
Because this treatment is designed to exfoliate your skin, you should avoid other exfoliating products like scrubs or Retin-A exfoliating cream for 2-3 days prior to your appointment.
What should I know before microdermabrasion facial?
- Book a consultation.
- Discontinue any exfoliation (manual or chemical) at least 3-5 days prior to your service.
- Avoid direct sun exposure at least one week prior to your service.
- Discontinue use of NSAIDS one week prior to treatment.
- Do not schedule botox or filler prior to microdermabrasion.