What are the 6 national parties in India?
|Bharatiya Janata Party English: Indian People’s Party||BJP||6 April 1980|
|Communist Party of India||CPI||26 December 1925|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||CPI(M)||7 November 1964|
|Indian National Congress||INC||28 December 1885|
What are the six functions of political parties quizlet?
Terms in this set (6)
- Nominating Function. parties recruit and select candidates and then present them to the voters.
- Informer-Stimulator Function.
- Seal of Approval.
- Governmental Function.
- Watchdog Function.
- Labeling Function.
How are symbols used in political parties?
Symbols are used by parties in their campaigning, and printed on ballot papers where a voter must make a mark to vote for the associated party. One of their purposes is to facilitate voting by illiterate people, who cannot read candidates’ names on ballot papers.
What are the 7 national parties in India?
- All India Trinamool Congress. By ECI. All India Trinamool Congress.
- Bahujan Samaj Party. By ECI. Bahujan Samaj Party.
- Bharatiya Janata Party. By ECI. Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Communist Party of India. By ECI.
- Communist Party of India (Marxist) By ECI.
- Indian National Congress. By ECI.
- Nationalist Congress Party. By ECI.
What is the symbol of TMC?
The official election symbol of the TMC is Jora Ghas Phul (two flowers with grass). In the 1998 Lok Sabha polls, TMC won 7 seats. In the next Lok Sabha election that was held in 1999, Trinamool Congress won 8 seats with BJP, thus increasing its tally by one.
What are the four types of political parties?
The Democratic Party and the Republican Party are the most powerful. Yet other parties, such as the Reform, Libertarian, Socialist, Natural Law, Constitution, and Green Parties can promote candidates in a presidential election.
What are the 5 functions of political parties quizlet?
Terms in this set (5)
- Nominate Candidates. -Selecting candidates to run for political office.
- Influence party. -Senators and representatives from each party create and pass laws that support their party’s platform.
- Unite Government.
- Create Balance.
- Inform Citizens.
What is the symbol of Indian National Congress party?
The “Old Congress” retained the party symbol of a pair of bullocks carrying a yoke while Indira’s breakaway faction was given a new symbol of a cow with a suckling calf by the Election Commission as the party election symbol.