Where can I get 1040 instructions?
Get the current filing year’s forms, instructions, and publications for free from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Download them from IRS.gov.
- Order by phone at 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676)
Can I still file my 2015 tax return electronically?
You can no longer e-File a 2015 Federal or State Tax Return anywhere.
How do I get 2015 tax transcript?
To request either transcript online, go to www.IRS.gov and look for our new online tool, Order a Transcript. To order by phone, call 800-908-9946 and follow the prompts in the recorded message.
How do I download my 2015 tax return?
How to get your 2015 or older tax return
- Sign in to TurboTax.
- Click the Taxes tab in the top-left corner.
- Then, scroll to the bottom and click the Load My Tax Timeline link in the bottom-right.
- Click on the year you are looking for a click the Download/print return (PDF) link.
Can I efile 2015 taxes in 2021?
You can prepare and e-file your current, 2021 Tax Year Return on eFile.com regardless of when you mail your back tax return. Remember, prior year tax returns cannot be electronically filed anywhere.
How do I file prior year taxes electronically?
Prior year returns can only be filed electronically by registered tax preparers, and only when the Modernized e-File System is available. The IRS posts the status of the Modernized e-File (MeF) system on the MeF Status Page. Individuals filing their own prior year return must print/mail the return.
How do I get prior years tax returns?
Order a Transcript
- Online Using Get Transcript. They can use Get Transcript Online on IRS.gov to view, print or download a copy of all transcript types.
- By phone. The number is 800-908-9946.
- By mail. Taxpayers can complete and send either Form 4506-T or Form 4506T-EZ to the IRS to get one by mail.