Where can I find articles for elementary students?
Student Article Websites
- KiwiKids News.
- PBS NewsHour Daily News Lessons.
- NYT Daily Lessons/Article of the Day.
- The Learning Network.
- News For Kids.
Is TIME for Kids a magazine?
Time for Kids (or TFK) is a division magazine of Time magazine that is produced especially for children. The magazine was established in 1995. It contains some national news, a “Cartoon of the Week”, and other features in its weekly eight pages.
What kind of writing are editorials?
An editorial (US), leading article or leader (UK) is an article written by the senior editorial people or publisher of a newspaper, magazine, or any other written document, often unsigned.
How do you find good articles?
Here are some of the best places on the web to find thoughtful and engaging articles.
- Longform. Longform is an article curation service.
- Longreads. Another of the most popular article curation sites is Long reads.
- The Browser.
- CoolTools: The Best Magazine Articles Ever.
How do students write newspaper articles?
Newspaper articles should:
- Include facts.
- Have a short, snappy and informative headline.
- Provide a summary at the start explaining what happened (but not giving everything away!).
- Use paragraphs to help the reader clearly understand the information.
- Provide quotes to show people’s opinions about the event.
Is Youngzine free?
Youngzine’s news articles are FREE for all educators. The integrated “Classroom” portal gives you an option to have your students join Youngzine with a Classroom CODE, and allows you to create classroom assignments and foster discussions among students.
What are the parts of a newspaper?
Most newspapers are divided into sections. Typical sections include: national/international news; local news; sports; entertainment/amusements; classified advertisements; and neighborhood news.
What are fashion editorials?
Fashion editorials are a collection of pictures found in magazines from around the globe created by the industry’s leading talent. Photographers, stylists, models and top labels take the spotlight in these fashion shoots. Showing off the creative side of fashion, these pictures add another dimension to designers’ work.
How do you write a good newspaper article?