Where are the lavender fields in Sussex?
Location: Lordington Lavender, Chichester, Lordington Farm, Lordington, Chichester, West Sussex PO18 9DX. Opening Hours: These lavender fields in West Sussex are open for one week only each year. For 2021 it’s Saturday 10 July – Sunday 18 July.
Where are the best lavender fields?
8 Stunning Lavender Farms and Fields to Visit
- Provence, France. Plateau de Valensole, Provence, France.
- Purple Haze Lavender Farm – Sequim, Washington.
- Hvar Island, Croatia.
- Bridestowe – Tasmania, Australia.
- Mayfield Lavender – Sutton, United Kingdom.
- Lavender Valley – Hood River, Oregon.
- Tomita Farm – Furano, Japan.
How long do people spend at Cotswold lavender?
1. You can only visit the Cotswold Lavender fields from June – August each summer. The Cotswold Lavender fields are at their peak in English summer which is from around early/mid-June to late July.
Where are the lavender fields in UK?
7 of the loveliest lavender fields in England
- Cotswold Lavender. Hill Barn Farm, Snowshill.
- Yorkshire Lavender. Terrington, York.
- Somerset Lavender. Horsepond Farm, Faulkland.
- Hitchin Lavender. Cadwell Farm, Hitchin.
- Mayfield Lavender. Banstead, Surrey.
- Norfolk Lavender. Heacham.
- Castle Farm Lavender. Castle Farm, Sevenoaks.
When should I go to lavender fields?
Best time to visit the Provence lavender fields in France Lavender season in Provence sadly isn’t a year-round affair. The best time to see the plants in bloom is from the last week of June to the beginning of August. Peak bloom is around mid-July – although this may vary year to year depending on the rainfall.
Where do you find lavender?
Lavandula (common name lavender) is a genus of 47 known species of flowering plants in the mint family, Lamiaceae. It is native to the Old World and is found in Cape Verde and the Canary Islands, and from Europe across to northern and eastern Africa, the Mediterranean, southwest Asia to India.
What are the purple fields in UK?
England’s loveliest lavender fields
- Cotswold Lavender – Cotswold Hills. Where: Hill Barn Farm, Snow Hill, Broadway, Worcestershire WR12 7JY.
- Somerset Lavender – near Bath.
- Mayfield Lavender – North Surrey Hills.
- Hitchin Lavender – Hertfordshire.
- Norfolk Lavender – Norfolk.
- Kentish Lavender – Kent.
- Yorkshire Lavender – York.
How do I get to the lavender fields?
Head east along the Route de Manosque (D6) towards Lavandes Angelvin. Before you reach the Lavandes Angelvin fields, you pass another lavender farm and stunning wheat fields. The distillery building, with the name Lavandes Angelvin displayed, signals that you have hit the jackpot of lavender fields in Provence.
Is Hitchin lavender open?
The Farm is now closed and will reopen again in Spring 2022. We have over 30 acres of lavender containing a wide range of varieties for you to explore. You’ll be able to wander wherever you like within the field and pick some lavender to take home with you.
How much is an acre of lavender worth?
In one acre, you can plant about 30 rows of 80 plants. You’ll get about $10,000 worth of fresh or dried lavender in an average year. A peak harvest will yield about $30,000 per acre.
What is the lavender Capital of the World?
Lavender can be used for relaxation, as a bug repellent, to relieve burns and itches, or as an air freshener. SEQUIM, Wash.