What year old UK half pennies are valuable?
In 1972, only 150,000 halfpennies were struck as proof coinage, which makes the 1972 halfpenny the rarest and most potentially valuable of halfpennies minted between 1971 and 1983.
Is a Halfpenny worth anything?
Even some of the most recent United Kingdom decimal coins are sought-after by numismatics or coin collectors, and can now sell for around £100. More historical Halfpenny coins have sold for well over £300. Despite being a relatively commonly circulating coin, older or unique Halfpennies can still be very valuable.
How much is a British Halfpenny worth?
The traditional Half Penny coin was usually known as a Halfpenny. It had a worth of one four-hundred-and-eightieth of a pound sterling or half of a Penny.
Which penny coins are valuable?
10 Most Valuable Old Pennies and What They’re Worth
- 1792 Birch Cent – About $2.6 Million.
- 1943 Bronze Lincoln Penny – About $1.7 Million.
- 1793 Strawberry Leaf Cent – About $863,000.
- 1793 Liberty Cap Wreath Cent – About $391,000.
- 1944 Steel Lincoln Penny – About $375,000.
- 1958 Double Die Lincoln Penny – About $336,000.
What penny coins are valuable?
Here are 12 more valuable Lincoln pennies that you should definitely check for if you happen upon a very old penny.
- 1943-D Lincoln Wheat Cent Penny: Copper/Bronze.
- 1944-S Lincoln Wheat Cent Penny: Steel Cent.
- 1943-S Lincoln Wheat Cent Penny: Bronze/Copper.
- 1943-P Lincoln Wheat Cent Penny: Bronze/Copper.
What is the rarest UK penny?
Arguably the most valuable one penny coin is the 1933 George V penny, which is worth an estimated value of £72,000. Although this was originally created as a pattern coin – which means it is not intended for release into circulation – it is believed seven were issued, making them extraordinarily rare.
Where can I sell my pennies for money?
1. Sell them on Craigslist or Ebay. Many people are hoarding these old pennies in bulk.
What year pennies are worth keeping?
Lincoln pennies that were minted between 1959 and 1982 tend to be worth more since they are almost 100 percent copper, rather than an alloy. Improperly prepared dies can result in coins with a “double” image.
What years of pennies are worth money?
Watch for low mintage years like 1955-S, 1939-D, 1933-D, and 1931-S. Depending on condition, rarer pennies are worth more. Look for all-copper pennies. Old pennies made before 1982 are 95% copper, which gives them an inherent metal value.