What are the tiny white bugs eating my plants?

What are the tiny white bugs eating my plants?

Whiteflies are tiny, white, moth-like flies that collect on leaves of infested plants. Aphids: Though they’re small in size, aphids can cause big problems. Of all the types of houseplant bugs discussed here, aphids are the ones I encounter the most frequently on my own houseplants.

What are these tiny white bugs?

Mold Mites – The Tiny White Crawling Bugs In Homes Mold mites, also know as grain mites, are small clear white bugs common in homes with a lot of dampness and moisture. Dampness and moisture form molds and fungi on your home’s walls and floors in kitchen, bathroom, and basement. Mold mites eat these molds.

How do you get rid of white mites on houseplants?

One way to kill mealybugs on houseplants is by touching them with a cotton swab that’s been soaked in rubbing alcohol. The rubbing alcohol will kill the bugs on contact, but in order for it to be effective, it must come in direct contact with the mealybugs.

How do I get rid of bugs on my fiddle leaf fig?

Neem oil insecticide spray is another great solution, and you can easily coat the leaves using a spray bottle. Neem Oil is our FAVORITE natural organic insecticide. Control aphids, mealybugs, plant scale and more. It can also be used as a soil drench.

Will soapy water hurt plants?

Soaps and detergents are toxic to plants. A strong solution of soapy water sprayed onto foliage can disintegrate the leaves’ waxy coating, resulting in water loss and the eventual dehydration death of the plant.

What is eating my plants at night?

Many caterpillars, beetles, and especially earwigs and slugs, feed at night and hide during the day. Handpicking caterpillars, beetles and slugs and dropping them into soapy water can be effective in home vegetable gardens.

Are white mites harmful to humans?

White Mites are considered harmless because they don’t bite or cause any structural damage. But in truth, they are harmful because they shed long hairs frequently. These airborne hairs are notorious for carrying allergens and will cause allergic reactions those in the house.