What are the symbols of the 12 Olympian gods?
|Hera||Juno||Cow, Peacock, Lion, Diadem, Goatskin Cloak (Juno)|
|Hermes||Mercury||Winged Shoes, Caduceus, Cap of Aidoneus, Herald’s Rod, Blade, Shepard’s Pipes, Cattle, Hare, Hawk, Tortoise, Crocus, Strawberry Tree|
|Hestia||Vesta||Fire, Hearth, Donkey, Altar|
|Poseidon||Neptune||Horse, Trident, Bull, Seafoam, Dolphin|
Who were the 12 main Olympians?
In ancient Greek religion and mythology, the twelve Olympians are the major deities of the Greek pantheon, commonly considered to be Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Hermes, and either Hestia or Dionysus.
Who were the 12 Olympian gods and their powers?
The Gods of Greek Mythology
- Zeus – The King of the Gods.
- Poseidon – God of the Sea.
- Hera – Queen of the Gods.
- Athena – The Goddess of Wisdom.
- Ares – The God of War.
- Artemis – The Goddess of the Hunt.
- Apollo – The God of the Sun.
- Aphrodite – The Goddess of Love.
What are the symbols of each god?
Greek Gods Symbols
|Zeus||Sky Eagle Lightning bolt||Hera|
|Poseidon||Sea Trident Horse||Demeter|
|Hephaestus||Volcano Forge Hammer||Aphrodite|
|Apollo||Sun Serpent Lyre||Artemis|
What is Aphrodite’s power symbol?
She was syncretized with the Roman goddess Venus. Aphrodite’s major symbols include myrtles, roses, doves, sparrows, and swans. The cult of Aphrodite was largely derived from that of the Phoenician goddess Astarte, a cognate of the East Semitic goddess Ishtar, whose cult was based on the Sumerian cult of Inanna.
What are Poseidon’s symbols?
- Poseidon had a three-pointed trident in his hand, which was his most recognizable emblem.
- According to the Greek poet Hesiod, Poseidon’s trident was crafted by the three Cyclopes.
- The bull, fish, horse and dolphin were his sacred animals and symbols.
What is Artemis symbol?
Artemis’ symbols included a bow and arrow, a quiver, and hunting knives, and the deer and the cypress were sacred to her.