What are the 8 steps in protein synthesis?
Terms in this set (31)
- DNA strands separate.
- mRNA leaves the nucleus and travels to ribosome.
- Code on mRNA determines what amino acids can attach.
- tRNA contains bases that recognize mRNA.
- Amino acids line up in proper sequence on ribosome.
- Peptide bonds form creating a peptide chain.
What are the steps of protein synthesis in order?
It includes three steps: initiation, elongation, and termination. After the mRNA is processed, it carries the instructions to a ribosome in the cytoplasm. Translation occurs at the ribosome, which consists of rRNA and proteins.
What are the 5 steps of protein synthesis?
5 Major Stages of Protein Synthesis (explained with diagram) |…
- (a) Activation of amino acids:
- (b) Transfer of amino acid to tRNA:
- (c) Initiation of polypeptide chain:
- (d) Chain Termination:
- (e) Protein translocation:
What are the 6 steps in protein synthesis?
Put the following steps of protein synthesis in correct order of occurrence:
- mRNA is produced in nucleus.
- ribosome moves along mRNA.
- DNA uncoils for transcription.
- polypeptide is produced.
- tRNA brings amino acids to ribosome.
- mRNA moves to ribosome.
What are the steps of protein synthesis quizlet?
Terms in this set (5)
- Unzipping. – DNA double helix unwinds to expose a sequence of nitrogenous bases.
- Transcription. A copy of one of the DNA strand is made.
- Translation (Initiation) mRNA couples w/ ribosome & tRNA brings free amino acids to ribosomes.
- Elongation. – Anticodon of tRNA recognizes codon on mRNA.
What are the stages of protein synthesis quizlet?
What are the 5 steps in protein synthesis?
What are the 12 steps of protein synthesis?
Terms in this set (12)
- DNA unzips in the nucleus in interphase.
- mRNA nucleotides transcribe the complementary DNA message.
- mRNA leaves nucleus and goes to ribosome.
- mRNA attaches to ribosome and first codon is read.
- tRNA with anticodon UAC brings in proper amino acid from cytoplasm.
- a second tRNA brings in new amino acid.