What are good small group questions?
Small Group Questions
- What is your favorite memory as a child?
- What is your favorite family vacation or activity as a child?
- What is your favorite family vacation or activity now?
- If you could be any Biblical figure, who would it be?
- What characteristic or trait do you most appreciate from your parents?
What are some good devotion topics?
Brainstorming More Devotional Topics
- A sad or funny experience you’ve had in the past year.
- Things you’ve learned while traveling.
- Challenging relationships with people at work, home, or school.
- Something you are an expert on.
- An item in a newspaper or magazine that fascinated you.
What are good questions to ask a Christian?
50 questions believers are asked every day about their faith, God and the Bible
- What religion do you believe in?
- Do you believe in God or another deity?
- When did you choose your faith?
- What is your idea of what God looks like?
- Is there a heaven?
- Is there a hell?
- What does heaven look like?
- What does hell look like?
How do you make a Bible group interesting?
Verbal Learners. These people in your group connect with words: writing, reading, and speaking. Give them a moment to read a small portion of the book you might be using. Let them write a prayer oru how they will apply the Scripture. Let them use words!
How do you lead a small group discussion?
- Model the behavior and attitudes you want group members to employ.
- Use encouraging body language and tone of voice, as well as words.
- Give positive feedback for joining the discussion.
- Be aware of people’s reactions and feelings, and try to respond appropriately.
- Ask open-ended questions.
- Control your own biases.
What is small group discussion?
Small-Group Discussions provide students the opportunity to share ideas or opinions without having to address the entire class. Small-group discussions range in levels of structure. A simple small-group discussion asks students to divide into small groups and democratically discuss a prompt provided by the instructor.
What are good Bible study questions?
5 Important Questions to Ask As You Study the Bible
- What is the passage saying?
- What does this passage mean?
- What does this tell me about God?
- What does this tell me about people?
- How should I live my life based on what I have read?
What questions should you ask your pastor?
101 Top Questions to ask your Pastor at Different Occasions
- What are the biggest mistakes you’ve made in the ministry?
- What are your biggest joy in the ministry?
- Would your spouse say you’ve placed them above ministerial work?
- What strategy do you employ for constant bible reading and praying?
What to ask when asking questions?
Break the ice and get to know people better by selecting several of these get-to-know-you questions.
- Who is your hero?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your favorite family vacation?
- What would you change about yourself if you could?
- What really makes you angry?
What does soap mean in Bible study?
Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer
stands for Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer. It is a way of getting more out of your time in God’s Word. The S.O.A.P method of Bible Study (for individuals or small groups) does not require a theology degree or special leadership skills.