Is Berlin good for families?
Berlin is a child-friendly city with innumerable activities for families whatever the weather, come rain, come shine – from parks and playgrounds to attractions and museums.
What can small kids do in Berlin?
Top 10 attractions for children in Berlin
- Zoo Berlin. Meng Meng © Zoo Berlin.
- Tierpark Berlin. Cheetah Tierpark Berlin © Tierpark Berlin.
- Museum für Naturkunde (Museum of Natural History)
- Computerspielemuseum (Computer Games Museum)
- DDR Museum.
- Deutsches Technikmuseum.
- Legoland Berlin.
- Anne Frank Museum.
What should I avoid in Berlin?
Things You Should Never, Ever Do In Berlin
- Don’t open a bottle of beer with an actual bottle opener.
- Don’t order ‘Brötchen’
- Don’t speak English while queuing for Berghain.
- Don’t cross a road when the little man is red.
- Don’t bin your bottles.
- Do not wear high heels.
- Do not turn up to a party before 2am.
What can kids do in Berlin in winter?
Best winter activities for kids in Berlin
- Museums – I think a visit at a museum is always a good idea :).
- Aquarium – this part of the Berlin zoo is a great place to go to on a cloudy day.
Where is Christmas market in Berlin?
The largest Christmas market in Berlin takes place in the charming Old Town of Spandau. There are more than 250 stalls during the weekdays and over 400 on the weekends. Spandau is a suburb on the city’s outskirts.
Is Berlin safe to walk at night?
Is it safe to walk at night in Berlin? Yes, it’s pretty safe to walk at night in Berlin, especially if you stick with the popular streets. If you’re wandering off into small and dark side streets, you might encounter one or the other sketchy character.
Is Berlin boring?
Berlin is a very large spread out city so it’s not “easy” like Rome and Paris. Having said all that, I still highly recommend a visit here. It is most assuredly not boring.
What to do in Berlin when it’s cold?
Take a tour of Germany’s parliament building, the Reichstag.
Is Berlin nice at Christmas?
With its famous German Christmas markets and ice rinks lit up by twinkling fairy lights, Berlin is a magical place to visit during the festive season. Try delicious wurst, have a go at curling and visit Berlin’s famous department store to stock up on yuletide treats.
Is English widely spoken in Berlin?
Berlin – English very widely spoken in Berlin. You should be fine in almost all hotels, shops and restaurants. Elsewhere most people will either speak at least basic English or be able to get someone who does. You don’t need German when visiting Berlin.