How much does it cost to go on the Nile river cruise?
The cost of a standard Nile River cruise between Luxor & Aswan will range from $450 to $750 for 3,4, or 7 nights. The cost of a high Luxury Nile River cruise between Luxor & Aswan will range from $790 to $1299 for 3,4, or 7 nights.
Can you cruise on the Nile river?
The most typical Nile cruiser route is between Luxor and Aswan, with cruises starting from either end. This route is usually three or four nights, though you will be spending two of those nights at port onboard in your start and end point. Note that more time than you think will be spent at dock.
How many days cruise on the Nile?
Depending on your budget and what you want to see, most Nile cruises last for anywhere from three to seven nights. A short three-night cruise will take you to the main highlights, including Aswan, Kom-Ombo and Luxor, while the four-night option will add an extra stop like the temples of Edfu.
Who does the best Nile cruises?
The Best Luxury Nile Cruise Ships in Egypt
- Alexander the Great Nile Cruise.
- Sonesta Star Goddess Cruises.
- M/S Esplanade Cruise.
- Mövenpick Royal Lily Cruise.
- Sonesta Moon Goddess.
- Oberoi Philae Nile Cruise.
- M/S Mayfair Cruise.
- Nile Goddess Cruise.
Can you drink alcohol on a Nile cruise?
* Alcohol is only available in high end restaurants and bars and is very expensive. * Spirits on most cruise lines are of local and inferior quality and expensive. * Both Aswan and Luxor have tax-free shops at the airport where you can buy up to three bottles of spirits/wine on arrival.
What can you do on the Nile river cruise?
Listed below are five needs to do things while on a Nile cruise.
- Watch the Nile from preceding.
- Sail a falooka into Aswan.
- Go off the beaten path.
- Discover that the Abu Simbel Temple.
- Watch the Karnak temple.
- Have a tour of Luxor temples.
- Stop by the Souks.
- Pay tribute to the early kings.
Is it safe to travel up the Nile?
The FCDO advise against all but essential travel to the area west of the Nile Valley and Nile Delta regions, excluding the coastal areas between the Nile Delta and Marsa Matruh. You should exercise extreme caution in all border areas.
Can you swim in the Nile in Egypt?
It’s with Nour El Nil and their one of their FAQ is “is it safe to swim in the Nile?” Their answer is “Yes, of course! Every week our guests swim in the Nile without any problems or cause for concern. The currents ensure that you are swimming in clean, non-stagnant water.
How long is a boat ride from Cairo to Luxor?
From Cairo to Luxor by Nile Cruise Harking back to the early days of Egypt tourism, when European travelers first explored the country by boat, this slow cruise up the Nile River usually takes 12 days (including sightseeing days in both Cairo and Luxor while onboard).
What are Nile cruises like?
What to Expect. Most Nile cruises start in Luxor and visit the popular sites of Esna, Edfu, and Kom Ombo before disembarking in Aswan. Other itineraries fly directly to Aswan and work their way north down the Nile to the same sights. Most cruises will last at least four nights.
How do I choose a Nile cruise?
How to Choose the Best Nile Cruise in Egypt
- Define your Budget for the Nile River Cruise.
- Search for Best Nile River Cruises in Egypt.
- Check the Nile River Cruise Accommodation.
- Check the Nile River Cruise Facilities.
- Choose Expert Tour Guide to Escort You During the Trip.
- Check Nile River Cruise Suite if You Booked it.
Where do Nile cruises depart from?
Nile cruise itineraries are between the ports of Luxor and Aswan. River cruising is a comfortable, luxury hotel-style way to visit Upper Egypt’s archaeological sites. Most voyages on the river depart from Cairo and last between 3 and 7 days (round-trips), rarely over a week.