How do I enable community features in SharePoint 2013?
2. By activating Community features on the existing sites
- Log in to the site.
- Go to Site Settings-> Manage Site features.
- Activate the feature ‘Community Site Feature’
How do I create a community in SharePoint 2013?
Use the following procedure to create a community site.
- Step 1: Create site. Choose the Site Contents -> New Sub site option to get the following page.
- Step 2: View Site. You will get the following site displayed.
- Step 3: Create Category.
- Step 4: Create Discussion.
- Step 5: Replying to a Topic.
What is a community site in SharePoint?
A SharePoint community is a site that uses the Community Site template to provision pages, web parts, lists, and any other resources required for the community. Communities can be built as subsites beneath a team site, for example, or be stacked, one upon the other, within a dedicated site collection.
How do I enable community feature in SharePoint?
On the Site Settings page, under Site Actions, click Manage site features. Click Activate next to the feature you want to activate on the site, or click Deactivate if you want to turn off the feature on the site.
How do I add a community in SharePoint?
In the Quick Launch menu on the left side of the page, click More. Click the name of the group to which you’ll add members. On the People and Groups page, click New. Under Add people, type the names or email addresses of the members you want to add.
What is community site feature?
Community site is a new site template which provides a forum experience in Sharepoint online. Use communities to categorize and cultivate discussions among a broad group of people across organizations in a company. Introduction. Community site is a new site template that provides a forum experience in SharePoint Online …
How do you create a community portal?
Create a community portal site collection
- In the SharePoint Admin Center on the Site Collections ribbon tab, Contribute section, click New > Private Site Collection.
- In the New Site Collection dialog box, enter the following information: In the Title box, type a title for the site collection.
- Click OK.
What is a community portal?
A community portal is a directory that lists all community sites available on your company intranet. Through the community portal users can search for, discover, follow, visit, and participate in communities of interest.
What is a community site?
A community website is a platform primarily intended to enable user interaction. It usually provides its members with customizable profile pages, a ‘friending’ feature, and activity streams where users can monitor what’s going on in the community.
How do I add people to a SharePoint community site?