How do I adjust the speed on my EZ Go golf cart?
Tighten the governor spring located in the engine of most golf carts to adjust your cart’s top speed. 90% of EZ Go Carts have simple springs which limit the speed of the engine. To raise the top speed of your golf cart, all you need to do is locate this spring and tighten it slightly.
How can I make my electric golf cart go faster without upgrading?
How to Make an Electric Golf Cart Faster Without Upgrades
- Wash Your Cart Properly.
- Inspect the Batteries.
- Refill the Battery Water.
- Check the Gas Pedal and Linkage.
- Measure the Tire Pressure.
- Charge Up Your Battery Unit.
- Lighten Up Your Cart’s Weight.
How do I speed up my EZ GO TXT electric golf cart?
6 Ways You Can Make a Golf Cart Faster
- Add More Torque to Your Golf Cart.
- Upgrade Your Golf Cart’s Motor.
- Improve the High-Speed Controller of the Cart.
- Add Better Golf Cart Tires.
- Use a Higher Powered Golf Cart Battery.
- Watch the Weight in Your Golf Cart.
Will bigger tires make my golf cart faster?
Simply put, the better shape your tire is in and the larger the diameter, the faster the cart will go. This improves gas and electric golf cart speeds. Carts with thicker, larger tires possess more traction so, in turn, are generally safer as well.
How can I make my 36v golf cart go faster?
How to Make a 36 Volt Golf Cart Faster
- Remove any unnecessary additions, racks or parts on your golf cart.
- Power-wash your cart.
- Check the shaft under the ignition pedal.
- Put larger tires on the cart.
- Replace any old or worn-out parts that are causing the cart to move slower than it should.
Why is my ezgo golf cart so slow?
Low Battery Usually, the most common reason golf carts slow down is when they don’t get enough power output from the battery. If the battery pack charge is very low and your cart is out of power, your cart will run slow.
How do I speed up my EZ Go TXT electric golf cart?
How do you adjust the governor on a EZ Go TXT gas golf cart?
How to Adjust the Governor on a Gas E-Z-Go Golf Cart
- Locate the governor arm mounted on top of the rear axle case underneath the cart.
- Loosen the adjusting locknut on the end of the governor spring.
- Retighten the adjusting locknut.
How fast do EZ GO golf carts go?
Electric Motors Looking at the specifications for EZ Go electric golf carts, you notice a cart with a 36-volt motor is capable of 12 to 14 mph top speed. In addition, you notice a cart that’s powered by a 48-volt motor can reach speeds just below 20 mph.
How to make EZ GO electric golf carts faster?
Gasoline Engines. One way to increase the speed of a gasoline-powered EZ Go golf cart is to add an octane booster when you fill the gas tank.
How to install speed chip in EZGO golf cart PDS?
E-Z-GO TXT (Fits 1994-2013)
How to speed up a golf cart?
Speed code 4 refers to the private speed mode of the golf cart.
How to test motor on EZGO electric golf cart?
– Flip the maintenance switch. – Reset the battery cable. – Check your connections. – Test the solenoid. – Check your controller’s power output.