How do I access my GoFlex Home without software?
GoFlex Home can be connected to the Internet via a network. You can set up the GoFlex Home either by installing the Seagate Dashboard software or by typing http://goflex_home and pressing Enter in the address bar of your web browser.
How do I access my GoFlex drive?
Double-click the GoFlex icon on the desktop (it may take a minute for the icon to appear). Double-click the Mac Install….Connecting to a Windows computer:
- Connect the drive to the computer.
- Open (My) Computer to access the GoFlex drive.
- Drag files to the GoFlex drive (see Document ID: 206419 for more information).
How do I format my Seagate GoFlex Home?
Turn the GoFlex Satellite or Wireless Plus off using the power button on the side of the drive, then connect the drive to your computer using the USB cable. Once your computer detects the drive, open (My) Computer and locate the icon for the Seagate drive. Right-click on the drive’s icon and choose Format in the menu.
How do I connect my GoFlex Home directly to my computer?
Either use a USB cable or a SATA cable. No since in using an adapter when your computer should have the ports for it. Because the GoFlex Home is a NAS connected on Ethernet. Once you unplug it from the base unit, it has a SATA power/port – which you need a ATA/USB adapter kit to directly connect on USB to PC.
How do I reset my Seagate GoFlex external hard drive?
Power the drive off using the power button on the side of the drive. Wait for the drive to be complete powered off, then wait about 30 seconds. Power the drive back on. Once the WiFi LED is on and solid, the drive should be reset and ready to go.
How do I map my Seagate GoFlex Home drive?
Connecting to a Seagate Consumer NAS
- Press the Windows key ( ) + E.
- File Explorer opens click on Network.
- Once the network page loads click on your Seagate Consumer NAS.
- Right Click on the share you would like to access and choose Map Network Drive.
- A new window will open.
- Sign in with your username and password.
How do I access my Seagate GoFlex Home without flash?
Please follow this procedure:
- Connect the GoFlex Home to the router and power on the GoFlex Home.
- Open a browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.
- For Windows, in the Address field, type in.
- Press Enter.
- Read the End User License Agreement and click I Accept.
How do I setup my Seagate GoFlex Home?
Connect the GoFlex Home drive dock to the Wi-Fi router by using the provided Ethernet cable. 2. Pop the GoFlex hard drive into the GoFlex drive dock and plug the power supply into the drive dock and the wall outlet. Switch on the GoFlex Home by pressing the Power button on the drive dock.
How do I format a portable hard drive?
To reformat a drive on Windows:
- Plug in the drive and open Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the drive and choose Format from the drop-down menu.
- Select the file system you want, give your drive a name under Volume label, and make sure the Quick Format box is checked.
- Click Start, and the computer will reformat your drive.
How do I reset my GoFlex Satellite?
GoFlex Satellite, press and hold the button for 15 seconds to reset the device.