Can you put parsley in a blender?
Can I chop it in my food processor or blender? You can. But go lightly. I suggest drying the parsley well and using the pulse button to control your chop.
What herbs go well in smoothies?
8 Herbs and Spices You Should Be Adding to Your Smoothies
- Basil. Basil has a warm flavor that will boost your green smoothies and strengthen your kidneys.
- Cilantro. If you’re looking to add a refreshing citrusy flavor to your next green smoothie, try cilantro.
- Ground Red Pepper.
Why are my Vitamix smoothies so thick?
If your smoothie is too thick, you may be using too much frozen fruit or too many ice cubes. Thin it by adding a bit of water or even a splash of green tea or coffee. Coffee goes particularly well in smoothies made with banana, nut butter, and/or cocoa powder.
How do you chop parsley in a Vitamix?
Place cucumber, parsley, and tomato into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 6 and Pulse 6 to 8 times, until roughly chopped.
What fruit goes with parsley?
Parsley is a perfect pairing for tropical fruits like bananas, coconut, grapefruit, mangoes and pineapple. We’ve used it for a new take on salsa, which uses peaches, kiwi and crushed red pepper as a fresh topping on our Spiced Brown Sugar Salmon.
Are parsley stems poisonous?
Fool’s parsley contains poisonous alkaloids, as do some other stem plants generally known to be poisonous. Even a small amount can lead to serious poisoning, and a larger amount can be fatal.
What should I add to my smoothie?
How to blend the best smoothie
- Plant-based fat.
- Liquid: Your choices include milk, non-dairy milk, coconut water, iced coffee or tea, and juice.
- Flavor boosters: Flavorful sprinkles include cocoa powder, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, and unsweetened matcha powder.
Can I add cloves to smoothies?
3. Cloves. Did you know that cloves are dried flower buds? They have a sweet and warm aroma, perfect for savory dishes as well as fruity ones (making them a great choice for smoothies).
How do you spice up a smoothie?
Spice up your smoothie with cinnamon, cardamom, or cayenne. If your smoothie skews sweet, go for cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom, but if you’re opting for a mostly veggie-based smoothie, try turmeric or cayenne pepper for a bit of a kick.